Re: is this like a peering war somehow?

  • From: Joe Abley
  • Date: Fri Jan 20 11:42:31 2006

On 20-Jan-2006, at 11:25, Patrick W. Gilmore wrote:

Things like sports events will still require real-time feeds, and people will pay for them.
That and breaking news seem like reasonable exceptions to point out in contrast to my rampant generalisations.

For news, however, stories seem to break on the web long before they usually reach the television. Anybody who really wants to hear about things as they happen are probably best to avoid the traditional news networks anyway.

As far as sports go, there is no timely coverage of rugby in North America anyway, I can't imagine why anybody would waste their time watching inferior games like football, hockey, baseball or basketball at all, never mind in real time.

Joe (running away quickly now)