Re: The Backhoe: A Real Cyberthreat?

  • From: sgorman1
  • Date: Thu Jan 19 16:30:43 2006

Agree that a level of security is required, but the real value is in customers like banks knowing where their fiber is, so when they lease service for a back up provider they know it is not in the same ditch.

The article attribute the pro regulation quote to me, but actually it was out of context.  I was proposing that you need an anonymous secure data pool that cusomers could qery to see what providers for a set of buildings are diverse. The mathematics to do the diversity optimization are available just an issue of data.