Re: GoDaddy.com shuts down entire data center?

  • From: Michael Loftis
  • Date: Tue Jan 17 04:21:38 2006

--On January 16, 2006 10:32:58 PM -0800 Jim Popovitch <[email protected]> wrote:

I want to say, from an outsider's perspective, that I whole heartily
applaud GoDaddy on the actions they took and the consistent
professionalism exhibited by their tech support representative.  Despite
obvious (and heavily edited) calls to the same agent, the consumer was
informed in a professional manner of his/her avenue for resolution.  No
doubt remains in my mind that the caller was not caught blind by this
situation.  Go Daddy has a privacy policy that no doubt prohibits them
from releasing details of their side of this case, however to me the
recording suggests that the caller knew this was the end result, not a
sudden surprise move, and they just wanted to circumvent standard
procedure.  The caller's prior thought to record, what appears as a
standard call to tech-support, is insightful and should be an obvious
sign of his motivation.

Theres a clear case of he said they said going on with this case. Nectartech is making claims that they fixed the issue. Also note that the caller is not a Nectartech employee at all. He's a customer who's also friends with the owner. Atleast that's what he says in WHT thread. In any event I don't think Nectartech handled this very well, and more likely than not still had a problem and were given ample time to properly correct it.