Re: GoDaddy.com shuts down entire data center?

  • From: Jim Popovitch
  • Date: Tue Jan 17 01:34:22 2006

I want to say, from an outsider's perspective, that I whole heartily applaud GoDaddy on the actions they took and the consistent professionalism exhibited by their tech support representative.  Despite obvious (and heavily edited) calls to the same agent, the consumer was informed in a professional manner of his/her avenue for resolution.  No doubt remains in my mind that the caller was not caught blind by this situation.  Go Daddy has a privacy policy that no doubt prohibits them from releasing details of their side of this case, however to me the recording suggests that the caller knew this was the end result, not a sudden surprise move, and they just wanted to circumvent standard proceedure.  The caller's prior thought to record, what appears as a standard call to tech-support, is insightful and should be an obvious sign of his motivation.

Let me explain my perspective.  I am a long standing customer of data center services, and I fully appreciate network operators' efforts to stem the spread of spam and viruses.  I run a few non-profit public mailing lists and the emails from my systems traverse your networks hourly.  I work quikly and diligently with service providers to overcome issues where our paths cross.  I have never been a Go Daddy customer, but I certainly appreciate their stand on this issue.  I will probably never be a Nectartech customer after this episode.

-Jim P.