Re: GoDaddy.com shuts down entire data center?

  • From: Peter Dambier
  • Date: Mon Jan 16 11:29:27 2006

Greg Boehnlein wrote:
On Mon, 16 Jan 2006, Martin Hannigan wrote:

Here's the story on the big outage.
http://marc.perkel.com/index.html

Here's another recorded conversation. (Can you do this in NJ?)

http://marc.perkel.com/audio/godaddy2.mp3

The GoDaddy folks are well trained. Kudos.

While I do believe that GoDaddy appears to have some sloppy policies and procedures, if you listen to both conversations, you will find that GoDaddy followed a procedure to deal with the issue, and the caller patently refused to follow it.

If I have read it correctly then nectartech has followed the procedures
by email after cleaning the phishing computer. But GoDaddy did not
ack nectartechs emails.

GoDaddy claimed again and again the system was spamming/phishing when in
reality the system was switched off.

What else could they do?

--
Peter and Karin Dambier