Re: GoDaddy.com shuts down entire data center?

  • From: Martin Hannigan
  • Date: Mon Jan 16 10:22:11 2006

> On Mon, 16 Jan 2006, Martin Hannigan wrote:
>
> > Here's the story on the big outage.
> >
> > http://marc.perkel.com/index.html
> >
> > Here's another recorded conversation. (Can you do this in NJ?)
> >
> > http://marc.perkel.com/audio/godaddy2.mp3
> >
> > The GoDaddy folks are well trained. Kudos.

[ snip ]

> Furthermore, the caller identifies himself in his blog as a "professional
> asshole", and based on the recorded calls, I have to agree that he has
> earned his title.

As  you dig deeper into his site you find out that he does this
often for the recorded calls. He's got quite a few to AT&T and MCI
stored. There's enough there that GoDaddy ought to inquire as to
the legality of him taping their call without consent. I don't
think the fact that GoDaddy stated they may record is protection
for both, but IANAL.

This has been debunked well enough to be non operational so we
better stop talking about it before we all start getting kook calls
and end up as recordings on a website. ;-)

-M<