Re: GoDaddy.com shuts down entire data center?

  • From: chuck goolsbee
  • Date: Mon Jan 16 00:50:58 2006

I think the main thing I learned from that is that there are a surprising number of hosting companies and self-professed data centre operators who really don't know much about the DNS.
Or even what the word "datacenter" means. Sounds to me like a rack of servers or a cage was suspended, not "an entire datacenter" which was claimed several times.

The recorded phone call was basically a lesson in how NOT to escalate a call, from both sides involved. From the customer's side if he'd not been so confrontational, he probably would have gotten his problem solved. From the operator's side, they should have a procedure for dealing with abuse and critical escalations 7/24.

Just my perception.

--chuck