RE: Problems connectivity GE on Foundry BigIron to Cisco 2950T

  • From: sam_ml
  • Date: Sun Jan 15 20:07:52 2006

Hopefully the cisco copper GBIC supports Auto-MDI though, so a straight cable should be good.

On Sun, 15 Jan 2006, David Prall wrote:

GigE 1000Base-T requires all 4 pairs of wire. Auto-MDI is not supported on the 2950 series, so it won't handle this automagically. I would test with speed set to 100 if the foundry can support 10/100/1000 with the Copper GBIC. Put the two next to each other and test with 1000Base-T crossover cable, removing all the extra stuff if that doesn't work.

1000Base-T requires that pairs 1 and 4 are also crossed along with 2 and 3.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crossover_cable

David

- --
David C Prall [email protected] http://dcp.dcptech.com