RE: Odd policy question.

  • From: Drew Weaver
  • Date: Fri Jan 13 15:52:39 2006

in named.conf

zone "2.96.192.in-addr.arpa"    { type master; file "primary/bogus.ia";
};

in the zone file

*                       PTR
some.schmuck.lame.delegated.to.RAIN.PSG.COM.

or

zone "someschmuck.com"          { type master; file "primary/bogus.fwd";
};

and

@                       MX    0
some.schmuck.lame.delegated.to.RAIN.PSG.COM.
*                       MX    0
some.schmuck.lame.delegated.to.RAIN.PSG.COM.
#
	Sorry, we don't actually host this guy's domain or what not, I
meant he leased like co-lo or a dedicated server from us in which he
hosted his own DNS server and then he left, leaving his nameserver
records pointing at our IP addresses. Anyway this one got away from me
so I'll leave it at that (once I start seeing goatse.cx in the replies I
just step away slowly from the thread.

-Drew