Re: BLS FastAccess internal tech needed

  • From: Christopher L. Morrow
  • Date: Thu Jan 12 23:07:46 2006

On Fri, 13 Jan 2006, Fergie wrote:

> RFC2827/BCP38?

not exactly... though most likely 2827 would have helped. Our abuse folks
called it 'fantasy mail' ... Spammer signs up for 'fast' link with
someone, uses a farm of juno dial (or netzero or... you get the point)
accounts to make a large number of machines dial out and start sending
email as the dial-up IP out the 'fast' link.

This was painful for a while, radius applied filters fix it now.