Re: Cisco, haven't we learned anything? (technician reset)

  • From: Fergie
  • Date: Thu Jan 12 11:08:01 2006

Very good points, BTW.

And these are certainly factors which, I'm sure, other
companies are also susceptible. :-)

- ferg

-- Hank Nussbacher <[email protected]> wrote:

[re: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/products_security_advisory09186a00805e3234.shtml]

[snip]

Cisco acquired Protego in Dec 2004 and thereby acquired MARS:
http://www.infoworld.com/article/04/12/20/HNciscoprotego_1.html

Cisco didn't put it in there - they bought the bug for $65M. :-)

[snip]

I think Cisco just doesn't check the product closely enough and trusts the
R&D coders and doesn't introduce an external security QA to the product
being purchased.

-Hank

--
"Fergie", a.k.a. Paul Ferguson