Re: Sprint Problems?

  • From: Bruce Robertson
  • Date: Mon Jan 09 16:58:48 2006

There is almost certainly a Sprint fiber cut, probably somewhere in the Feather River canyon in Northern California.  The canyon was hit pretty hard during the rains of a couple weeks ago, and so I suspect that we're experiencing backhoe fade.
Bruce Robertson, President/CEO                           +1-775-348-7299
Great Basin Internet Services, Inc.    company-wide fax: +1-775-348-9412
http://www.greatbasin.net                       my efax: +1-775-201-1553

John Neiberger wrote:
Joe Blanchard <[email protected]> 1/9/06 2:29:29 PM >>>

Were seeing issues with Sprint over to the Westcoast. Informal report

is

a fiber cut in Northern CA.

I don't know if it's related but we also lost a point-to-point circuit
from Denver to CA at 13:19 Mountain time. A portion of that circuit
rides on Sprint facilities.

John