Re: net-op: traffic loads as the result of patching

  • From: Elijah Savage
  • Date: Fri Jan 06 23:04:55 2006

Vicky Røde wrote:
You are correct and with BITS2.0 or really any version of BITS which any updated system should have BITS2.0 it will use only the available bandwidth given. So say you are using 70% of your bandwidth, BITS on XP will only use the other 30%. So Bandwidth should not be an issue, but what I have noticed with WSUS is multiple clients connecting to the server will drive cpu utilization up only in peak form though like on initial connection. For us this is one service that was not built redundant because if for some reason like maintenance and our server is down the clients will then failover to Micro$ofts servers to get them directly.

--
http://www.digitalrage.org/
The Information Technology News Center