LACNIC ranges being filtered

  • From: Ricardo Patara
  • Date: Fri Jan 06 10:19:17 2006

Hello,

In june 2005 LACNIC received two new IP block from IANA (189/8 and
190/8). And before starting to make allocation in it, we conducted
some reachability tests with valuable help from this community.

Those test showed that great majority of transit providers were not
block those network ranges.

But unfortunately turned out that there are now some end nodes
networks which are still blocking them.

Contact have been tried from LANCIC members being affected, their
upstream and also from LACNIC itself since end of November 2005 with
not much success so far.

So we kindly ask you all to revise your filters and if some of the
following networks/address range administrator could contact us
offline we would appreciate:

American Express
Oracle
Wikipedia