Re: WMF patch

  • From: Martin Hannigan
  • Date: Wed Jan 04 22:17:25 2006

> Martin Hannigan quoth:
>
>   Internet security problems at large haven't even reached the break
>   of dawn yet. Wait until every phone, toaster, baby intensive care
>   sensor, and car is hooked up.
>
> Indeed, depending on how you look at it, Vint Cerf's formulation,
> "IP on everything," is either a promise or a threat.  Maybe both.
>
> http://content.answers.com/main/content/img/CDE/_IPONEV.GIF

Of course you know that this is Vint Cerf and it is clearly something
he would never do.

> http://old-www.nersc.gov/aboutnersc/presentations/future/sld061.htm
>
> OK, now I'll shut up.

Thanks. I was being serious. Internet security isn't a joke at anyones
expense anymore. I'd like to think that everyone is thinking about the
future of the Internet.

I think this is an interesting argument _for_ full disclosure even
though it's being cast as a debacle.

-M<