RE: live chat with other nanog'ers

  • From: Barry J. Featherstone
  • Date: Thu Dec 29 22:36:05 2005

Completely agree with that..

With my network, anyone can register their user name, and create a
registered channel, how many they create is up to them to a maximum of 10,

The channel owner is the person who registers the channel, and the owner can
set additional staff as they wish..

In addition, channels can be set as private, secret, as well as requiring a
'key' to be accessed, network staff do not and will not interfere with any
channel running, except to prevent illegal activity when reported to us.

As a small network, we do not attract 'script kiddies' and we run a small
friendly group of general chatters, as well as some staff with greater
technical knowledge.

In general, at least one network administrator is around to assist with
enquiries, as well as global operators, but no member of staff will enter a
channel unless invited to do so, or a list member of nanog.. and then will
only enter as a normal chatter with no staff override privileges.

That to me seems the best way for any live chat channel to run, and with the
least headaches for all concerned..

Barry.