RE: Compromised machines liable for damage?

  • From: Owen DeLong
  • Date: Tue Dec 27 01:09:44 2005

I don't think anyone is talking about suing the writers of the botnet
code. Afterall, that's already occuring on those rare occasions when
they can be tracked down. In some cases, they're even getting
prosecuted. What people are talking about is suing the authors of
vulnerable and exploitable code. I think there's merit to this idea,
and, I don't think it will have a negative impact on open source.

Owen