Re: Addressing versus Routing (Was: Deploying IPv6 in a datacenter)

  • From: Daniel Roesen
  • Date: Wed Dec 21 18:20:08 2005

On Wed, Dec 21, 2005 at 06:11:17PM -0500, Hannigan, Martin wrote:
> > Correct. And there you have minimum frame spacing requirements (IFG)
> > and (e.g. with 10Base2 networks) minimum distance between stations
> > attached to the bus to allow CSMA/CD work correctly.
>
> Interframe gap has no dependancy on station vector. The dependancy
> for CSMA/CD was bits on the wire and the alogorithm backed off until
> it was free to transmit.
>
> Are you talking about something else?

I cannot remember the details unfortunately. It was some limits on
transmission to ensure that the collision recovery could work correctly.
I thought it was related to IFG.

BTW, I did mention IFG and the minimum distance between stations on bus
as seperate issues, not connected issues. Was that a misunderstanding?

Best regards,
Daniel

--
CLUE-RIPE -- Jabber: [email protected] -- [email protected] -- PGP: 0xA85C8AA0