Whatever happened to intelligence in the applicattion [Was: Re: The Qos PipeDream]

  • From: Fergie
  • Date: Fri Dec 16 09:25:11 2005

I think you just tossed a red herring into the discussion. :-)

I would suggest that a semi-intelligent playback bufferring scheme
in the VoIP application, plus a 'semi-lossless' link, would be just
fine.  ;-)

Doesn't anyone really remember the whole smart-v.-stupid network
analogy? Not meaning to start a flame war here, but trying to stick
all of the intelligence back into the network is not exactly a win-win
proposal.

- ferg