Re: NAT Configuration for Dual WAN Router

  • From: Brian Kerr
  • Date: Thu Dec 15 16:59:06 2005

On 12/14/05, Joe Johnson <[email protected]> wrote:

> I've been trying over and over to figure this one out, but I'm just hitting
> the end of my wits.  We have a remote office that can only get 768Kbps DSL,
> which they've not totally maxed out.  So management's solution now is to buy
> a second DSL line, but they won't let me buy a dual WAN router (in case they
> add a 3rd DSL line).

This works flawlessly with a cheap hardware running openbsd+pf.  I've
done this in several instances when load balancing "users" over two
connections was required.  I've attached a pf.conf that does just
this.

The other solution(if you want to call it that) was a Symantec
dual-wan router/vpn appliance which was horribly broken and met a
timely death once the openbsd box replaced it.

-Brian