Re: NAT Configuration for Dual WAN Router

  • From: Crist Clark
  • Date: Thu Dec 15 16:06:46 2005

Rodney Dunn wrote:
On Thu, Dec 15, 2005 at 08:33:55AM -0600, eric wrote:

[ This is not a plug for a vendor, just operational experience ]

On Thu, 2005-12-15 at 10:49:51 +0100, Peter Dambier proclaimed...

I dont see how the router can NAT to more than one ip-address. So you need
one NAT-router per DSL-line.
I have some experience with the Xincom Twin WAN router. Basically, all it
does is NAT RFC1918 address space (by default) and load balance stateless
TCP traffic (ie. web traffic) over two outbound links. Established TCP
sessions will not fail over, unfortunately, but the device is fairly
reliable and does NAT-T fairly easy.
Interesting in that I was talking with a customer about something
similar to that today. How can you do nat and failover but keep the
existing TCP sessions alive. Given the two upstreams were doing uRPF
we couldn't come up with a solution.
<troll>

Shim6 will fix all of this.

</troll>

<duck, run>
--
Crist J. Clark                               [email protected]
Globalstar Communications                                (408) 933-4387