Unrealistic, temporary, time-to-market pricing [was: Re: Two Tiered Internet]

  • From: Fergie
  • Date: Wed Dec 14 23:58:54 2005

The [renamed] subject says it all.

Current pricing schemes in the the digital connectivity business
these days reflect nothing, and I mean nothing, that has to do
with nothing, and is indicative of nothing.

All wrapped up for your Christmas shopping pleasure in nothingness.

I hoped we all learned something here -- and that is, service
providers are sometimes idiots. Sometimes even more than sometimes.

But, hey, remember -- they have a lot to lose, too, so it makes 'em
a bit crazy when everything they know changes....

No technical issues here, just marketroid & financial sleight of
hand. We're all getting sucked into technical debates over money
issues, basically, and it is rather discouraging to see engineering
folk get all wrapped up in this crud.

Move along -- nothing to see here.

- ferg

ps. I broke my [short] silence here because I think this is
an important issue -- don't let these pukes pull the wool over
your eyes on this crappola.

-- JC Dill <[email protected]> wrote:

Internet end-users are paying a larger share of the costs of the system
than broadcast radio or TV end-users are paying (which here in the US is
0%).

[all good points, but -- snip]

--
"Fergie", a.k.a. Paul Ferguson