Re: SMTP store and forward requires DSN for integrity (was Re:Cluelessanti-virus )

  • From: Steve Sobol
  • Date: Sat Dec 10 21:09:40 2005

mary wrote:

mta test anyone?
[snip Eicar signature]

You didn't attach it. If you had, I'm pretty sure Exim (running an ACL plugged into ClamAV) would have caught it before it got to my Inbox. Clam detects Eicar just fine. :>

What you did was include it inline in a text/plain MIME part in your message, where it isn't likely that it could do any harm even if it *was* a real virus.

Company website: http://JustThe.net/
E: [email protected] Snail: 22674 Motnocab Road, Apple Valley, CA 92307