Re: SMTP store and forward requires DSN for integrity (was Re:Clueless anti-virus )

  • From: Micheal Patterson
  • Date: Fri Dec 09 15:05:32 2005

----- Original Message ----- From: "Matt Ghali" <[email protected]>
To: "Micheal Patterson" <[email protected]>
Cc: <[email protected]>
Sent: Friday, December 09, 2005 1:49 PM
Subject: Re: SMTP store and forward requires DSN for integrity (was Re:Clueless anti-virus )

On Fri, 9 Dec 2005, Micheal Patterson wrote:

 They may not a choice if those that are being hammered with their
 auto-generated DSN's deem it unusually high traffic rate and
 simply black list the domains using these devices. AOL.com comes
 to mind and a few others in the recent weeks that are hammering me
 with notifications that weren't sent by anyone within my network.

I especially appreciate the ones from Yahoo!, who apparently do not
bother checking domainkeys at all before generating bounces.  gg.

matto

[email protected]<darwin><
I like the ones from aol.com that also include all of the other addresses that the initial hit was sent to within their domain. Some of them are upwards of 10 pages of nothing but email addresses.

Mike P.