Akamai server reliability

  • From: Roy
  • Date: Mon Nov 28 13:41:46 2005

Hi,

Many moons ago, we got a set of Akamai servers. Over the years I think they replaced every one of them at least once. Last August we got a another set of servers due to a move and now two of those three servers have failed.
I still have the original server that started garlic.com in production after 11+ years so I know servers can last a long time. I don't understand why Akamai failure rates are so high

Is anyone else seeing high failure rates of Akamai servers at their facilities?

Roy