Re: BGP Security and PKI Hierarchies

  • From: Sandy Murphy
  • Date: Fri Nov 25 14:56:28 2005

> Do you suppose that if a Microsoft salesman had given me a free copy
> of Windows back in 1990, I would have a right to use any version of
> Windows for free forever?

I don't think this analogy exactly fits.  I'm pretty sure that the legacy
space holders think of this as: a Microsoft salesman had given them
a free copy of  Windows back in 1990, and had returned many years later
to say that MS had established a registry for all new recipients of
Windows that charged a registration fee, and MS wanted them to start paying
the fee for the free copy as well.