Re: BGP Security and PKI Hierarchies (was: Re: Wifi Security)

  • From: Steven J. Sobol
  • Date: Wed Nov 23 01:42:34 2005

On Tue, 22 Nov 2005, Randy Bush wrote:

> > the idea is that the *end-user* is supposed to know what's legit
> > and what isn't.
>
> no.  all asn admins, including tier 1 through tier 42 and leaf
> asns.

Bah. Forgive my stupidity, please. We got into the discussion of PKI and
PGP-style trust models and I failed to remember the TLA in the subject.
You're right, my comment doesn't apply to BGP (at least not for most
end-users I know).

--
Steve Sobol, Professional Geek   888-480-4638   PGP: 0xE3AE35ED
Company website: http://JustThe.net/