Re: Outbound mail filtering on large mail / web server farms - just an idea or two that I have

  • From: Suresh Ramasubramanian
  • Date: Mon Nov 21 08:17:57 2005

On 11/20/05, Suresh Ramasubramanian <[email protected]> wrote:
> I originally wrote this lot below as boilerplate for large webhosting
> providers that find themselves with several racks full of pizzabox
> colos running a web control panel like ensim or cpanel so that the

Damn. The reason I wrote that is coming back to me, VERY PAINFULLY :(

There's someone out there sending out spam advertising "hoodia" (diet
pills made from a cactus of some kind) in huge quantities through
hacked contact forms.  My staffers are getting about two or three
dozen tickets from various people who are on servers blocked since the
last 2..3 days because of this kind of spam.

And right now the spam levels for this lot are spiking sky high

If any webhosts are listening - please sweep your network for this
stuff pronto. And please implement what I suggested.

srs