RE: Cisco 7200 + NPE-G1 / 7301

  • From: Joel Jaeggli
  • Date: Fri Nov 18 13:04:30 2005

On Fri, 18 Nov 2005, Neil J. McRae wrote:

I'd stick with what you know unless you plan to terminate hundreds
of thousands of things in which case cisco isn't a great choice. They
two platforms are similar but 7301 is relatively new. Anything new from
cisco
I recommend to avoid for atleast a year so that you aren't an alpha
tester.
The npe-g1 is not exactly a new product, it was introduced in early 2003 if I'm not mistaken. The 7301 was introduced later that year.