RE: Issue AS and Subnet Announcment on BGP - Conflict with a major TelCO - 30h+ of route flapping unresolved

  • From: Geoff Huston
  • Date: Thu Nov 17 13:05:51 2005

Normally I'm rather loathe to send urls around - but in this case you may find this APNIC work directly relevant to what you are asking for:

http://www.ripe.net/ripe/meetings/ripe-51/presentations/pdf/ripe51-address-certificate.pdf

I also did some work a year or so back on the differences between announced vs allocated prefixes.

http://www.potaroo.net/presentations/2004-05-01-allocation-vs-announcement.pdf

At the time (May 2004) it appeared that the message was getting through and the fragmentation of allocations was decreasing. I have not re-reun the scripts recently to confirm if this is wtill the case.

regards,

Geoff