Re: IAB and "private" numbering

  • From: Geoff Huston
  • Date: Tue Nov 15 18:20:03 2005

I think I can state authoritatively (:-)) that the IANA is aware of
(at least some of) the discrepancies and has address registry data
synchronization on its priority list.
Thank you - as you are aware I've documented what I have seen in terms of discrepencies at
http://draft-huston-ipv4-iana-registry.potaroo.net

The /8s that merit some further consideration in terms of resolving potentially inconsistent views of the IPv4 address world include 7.0.0.0/8, 46.0.0.09/8, and 191.0.0.0/8, as well as a wealth of other smaller details.

regards,

Geoff