RE: a record?

  • From: Church, Chuck
  • Date: Tue Nov 15 12:53:29 2005

Isn't it just good security practice to limit telnet/SSH access to only
a few choice hosts/subnets?  I know I'd never allow the 0/0 net access
to a signon screen, even if it is SSH.  If you're on vacation and need
to access something, call your NOC, and have them temporarily allow your
dynamic address for SSH.  When a hacker finds an open SSH host, they
think two things - This host is important to someone, and that they need
more doughnuts...

Chuck