RE: FW: Using BGP to force inbound and outbound routing through particular routes

  • From: Edward W. Ray
  • Date: Wed Nov 02 16:18:13 2005

Yes, you are correct

I have decided to go for my CCIE:Security and need some practice before the
lab exam.

My only choices for multi-homing at home are T1s/DS3s... And cable.  I
already have a 3-T1 setup where the Class C block is homed now.  This is my
main business line and hosts my DNS, Web, Mail servers and VPN connections.
The ISP I use is has punched a hole in their Class B to allow my Class C
block to leak through.

At some point I may get a business class cable line.  But since I do not
know if what I am doing will violate Roadrunner's AUP and/or cause them to
disconnect me, I decided to go with the $29.95 special.

My ISP already peers with Level3, and Roadrunner peers with Level3 (AS3356)
and AOL (AS 1668).  My goal is to block all routes via Roadrunner/Level3 and
force all inbound and outbound traffic via Roadrunner to go through AS 1668
only.

Edward W. Ray