Re: Equal access to content

  • From: Doug Barton
  • Date: Wed Nov 02 14:54:44 2005

Sean Donelan wrote:
> Should content suppliers be required to provide equal access to all
> networks?  Or can content suppliers enter into exclusive contracts?

SBC and Yahoo! have already answered this question (for example).

I also think that most people on this list will remember the early days of
broadband suppliers like RoadRunner who tried to build a "we are mostly
local content, plus some Internet access" model which the customers hated,
and they (for the most part) eventually abandoned altogether. Even AOL was
forced by market pressure to provide real Internet to its customers.

Doug .oO(Glad I don't own any SBC stock ...)

--

	If you're never wrong, you're not trying hard enough