Re: SBC/AT&T + Verizon/MCI Peering Restrictions

  • From: David Barak
  • Date: Wed Nov 02 14:19:23 2005

--- Randy Bush <[email protected]> wrote:

> if i am a paying sbc or other foopoloy dsl customer
> and i go
> to <http://content.provider>, why should
> content.provider pay
> to give the sbc paying customer what they're already
> charged
> for?

There is one scenario where the content.provider is
paying the carrier as well - when the content.provider
is a direct customer of the carrier, rather than being
either a SFI-peer or a customer of an SFI-peer.

This of course goes back to the question of
depeering/transit/etc which we beat to death a couple
of weeks ago - many carriers want to get paid both by
the sources and sinks of traffic (it's certainly an
understandable, if unlikely, desire).  I would just
like to point out for the record that none of the
recent depeering battles have involved any RBOCs...

-David Barak

http://mail.yahoo.com