Re: cymru down?

  • From: Rob Thomas
  • Date: Wed Nov 02 13:22:06 2005

Hi, NANOGers.

Just a quick interruption in your day to update you on the routing
fun we had.  :)  The problem was two-fold:

   1. An errant provider router that randomly selected which
      prefixes to propagate.  Mix that with uRPF, and you
      have FUN FUN FUN!  :)

   2. An interesting use of LOCAL_PREF by the provider, now
      mitigated.

Our tests from multiple external pods and route servers show that
we're globally visible again.  If you're having any difficulty
reaching us, please let us know at <[email protected]>.

Again we apologize for the inconvenience!

Thanks,
Rob, for Team Cymru.
--
Rob Thomas