Re: SBC/AT&T + Verizon/MCI Peering Restrictions

  • From: Christian Kuhtz
  • Date: Wed Nov 02 10:27:33 2005

On Nov 2, 2005, at 9:54 AM, Daniel Golding wrote:

They ARE using your pipes right now, and they AREN'T paying you money. The
funny thing is that your customers ARE paying you money for access to Google
and Yahoo. Broadband gets a lot less compelling without content, so don't
push it.
Hah. Classic. But, but, Dan, that trick-or-treating wasn't all. But if they harness their own content, then what would you have.. a captive supplier to an mono/whateverpoly? Oh what fun that would be for Christmas, on a one horse open sleigh. 'Tis the season, guys. Ho Ho Ho.

http://www.cabledatacomnews.com/nov05/nov05-6.html

You've got to admit, though, the ability to completely fade out reality and invent your own is impressive, and those CEO's ought to be commended.

And while we're doing this with RBOCs, we can bitch about MSOs just the same. One might find a surprising number of similarities.

Best regards,
Christian