Re: ASN database files from LACNIC or AFRINIC?

  • From: Andreas Ott
  • Date: Sat Oct 29 01:04:52 2005

Hi,
On Sat, Oct 29, 2005 at 01:30:23AM -0200, Rubens Kuhl Jr. wrote:
> ftp://ftp.lacnic.net/pub/stats/lacnic/delegated-lacnic-latest has IP
> space and ASN allocations. ASN lines look like this:
>
> lacnic|MX|asn|278|1|19890331|allocated

I found that one, but this is less helpful for what I need. I'd like
to get a db record that has the AS number and the AS name. You know,
for pretty printing things to screen in reports I was asked to name
things with a name and not a number.

If they instead had
  lacnic|MX|asn|278|1|19890331|EXAMPLE-CORPORATION
that would be great and I could adjust the parser. Well, we might have
to settle for telling in which country the AS is allocated.

-andreas
--
Andreas Ott                                    [email protected]