BGP Peering issues???

  • From: Braun, Mike
  • Date: Thu Oct 27 19:42:14 2005

Apologies for straying off topic,

Years ago several tools and sites were available for troubleshooting BGP
routing tables and viewing reachability over the Internet.  I remember using
a site that, when you provided an ASN or IP address, you received a
tree-graph showing multi-hop peer points and latency statistics from dozens
of sources all over the internet.  I know a lot of these sites went away
after the release of the vulnerability with the BGP's peering process was
disclosed.  Some of the sites I bookmarked advertised that they would return
once a more secure way of offering this information was worked out.  They
eventually just went away (example being http://nitrous.digex.net).  Did
anything replace them?  What are some of the tools and sites you use to test
if you network blocks are being seen where they should be?

Mike Braun

"MMS <firstam.com>" made the following
 annotations on 10/27/2005 04:40:56 PM
"THIS E-MAIL MESSAGE AND ANY FILES TRANSMITTED HEREWITH, ARE INTENDED SOLELY FOR THE USE OF THE INDIVIDUAL(S) ADDRESSED AND MAY CONTAIN CONFIDENTIAL, PROPRIETARY OR PRIVILEGED INFORMATION.  IF YOU ARE NOT THE ADDRESSEE INDICATED IN THIS MESSAGE (OR RESPONSIBLE FOR DELIVERY OF THIS MESSAGE TO SUCH PERSON) YOU MAY NOT REVIEW, USE, DISCLOSE OR DISTRIBUTE THIS MESSAGE OR ANY FILES TRANSMITTED HEREWITH.  IF YOU RECEIVE THIS MESSAGE IN ERROR, PLEASE CONTACT THE SENDER BY REPLY E-MAIL AND DELETE THIS MESSAGE AND ALL COPIES OF IT FROM YOUR SYSTEM."