Re: Level 3 RFO

  • From: Daniel Roesen
  • Date: Mon Oct 24 11:58:55 2005

On Mon, Oct 24, 2005 at 01:25:23PM +0200, Florian Weimer wrote:
> >> Are there any configuration tweaks which can locally confine such an
> >> event?  Something like the hard prefix limit for BGP, perhaps.
> >
> > JunOS:
> > set protocols ospf prefix-export-limit <n>
> > set protocols isis level <n> prefix-export-limit <n>
>
> Wouldn't an import limit be better?

We're talking link-state protocols here... they need to have the same
view everywhere. The only thing you can limit is what you inject into
the (IGP-)global view.

> If you've got a almost-fully-meshed MPLS core, export limits won't
> really work, will they?

I don't understand this question. What has MPLS to do with IGP route
filtering?!?

Regards,
Daniel

--
CLUE-RIPE -- Jabber: [email protected] -- [email protected] -- PGP: 0xA85C8AA0