Re: Customer view vs. operator view was:( h-root-servers.net)

  • From: Sabri Berisha
  • Date: Mon Oct 24 10:35:37 2005

On Mon, Oct 24, 2005 at 03:06:35PM +0100, [email protected] wrote:

Dear Michael,

> This is a good example of a useless argument caused when one
> person is speaking from a customer viewpoint and one customer
> is speaking from an operator viewpoint.

Last time I checked, the O in [EU|NA|AFRI]NOG stands for 'operator'.
Niels made a perfectly valid point by saying that it is impossible for
an end-user to be connected to the AMS-IX and he was flamed for it. If
Peter Dambier has no clue about end-hosts vs intermediate systems, let
alone how to parse a traceroute with his grey mass, he needs to be educated.
Just as I needed many years ago.

Anyway, this is going way off-topic so this will be my last post in this
subthread. Feel free to reply off-list.

--
Sabri

please do not throw salami pizza away