Re: h-root-servers.net (Level3 Question)

  • From: Peter Dambier
  • Date: Mon Oct 24 07:46:22 2005

Christopher L. Morrow wrote:
On Sun, 23 Oct 2005, Daniel Roesen wrote:

On Sun, Oct 23, 2005 at 11:59:15AM +0200, Peter Dambier wrote:

I means, here in germany we cannot see h.root-servers.net

Here is my traceroute to h.root-servers.net right now:
So, where do you see a problem related to L3/Cogent there? Your
traceroute hits DREN, the operator of h.root-servers.net.
agreed, looks like a dren 'issue' which MAY be a planned event? DREN
probably shouldn't filter traffic to/from h-root (aside from udp/53 |
tcp/53 traffic) no 'prefix-X not allowed to have access to h-root' sorts
of things) That said, they  MAY have done that, did someone (peter?) ask
them?

I did ask them.

Told me it was a firewall misshap.

Problem is solved now.