Re: Scalability issues in the Internet routing system

  • From: Alexei Roudnev
  • Date: Mon Oct 24 02:34:37 2005

One question - which percent of routing table  of any particular router is
REALLY used, say, during 1 week?

I have a strong impression, that answer wil not be more than 20% even in
biggerst backbones, and
will be (more likely) below 1% in the rest of the world. Which makes a hige
space for optimization.