Re: Level3 Question

  • From: Joel Jaeggli
  • Date: Mon Oct 24 00:19:09 2005

On Mon, 24 Oct 2005, [email protected] wrote:

Do we *really* want to do anything to encourage a higher burn rate of AS numbers
before we've deployed 32-bit AS number support?
Consider it a looming incentive to do so.

Fundamently, if economic decisions create holes in the routing infrastucture, it seems likely if not inevitable that the people who are adversly affected will plug the hole from their perspective before it affects their bottom line. Obviously it has a cost both locally and globally, but a few more people tune their risk mangement model (or decide they need one) everytime this happens.

joelja

Joel Jaeggli  	       Unix Consulting 	       [email protected]