Re: Level 3 RFO

  • From: Florian Weimer
  • Date: Sun Oct 23 15:51:28 2005

> However, due to the number of flooded LSAs, other devices in the
> Level 3 network had difficulty fully loading the OSPF tables and
> processing the volume of updates.  This caused abnormal conditions
> within portions of the Level 3 network.  Manual intervention on
> specific routers was required to allow a number of routers to return
> to a normal routing state.

This isn't the first time this has happened to an ISP. 8-(

Are there any configuration tweaks which can locally confine such an
event?  Something like the hard prefix limit for BGP, perhaps.  (I'm
not an OSPF expert, and understand that things are generally more
difficult with link-state protocols.)