Re: Level3 Question

  • From: Jon Lewis
  • Date: Sun Oct 23 04:32:33 2005

On Sun, 23 Oct 2005, Dan Mahoney, System Admin wrote:

Okay, so I've been reading this thread on L3, and I'm a little curious as to what this potential de-peering means in one unique situation.

A friend of mine has got a colo box sitting, single-homed, in a (3) data center. At the end of this, is this going to mean I can't reach Cogent? I've seen something in the discussions that imply this will be the case, but am not ultimately sure.
Yes. When Level3 depeers Cogent again, unless Cogent buys transit to or makes other arrangements for reaching Level3, you will be unable to reach single-homed Cogent customers (or Cogent itself) from your friend's single-homed Level3 colo...as you were when Level3 depeered Cogent previously.

Jon Lewis | I route
Senior Network Engineer | therefore you are
Atlantic Net | _________ http://www.lewis.org/~jlewis/pgp for PGP public key_________