Re: Microwave link security.

  • From: Bryan Fields
  • Date: Fri Oct 21 22:13:24 2005

On Friday 21 October 2005 03:12 pm, MARLON BORBA wrote:
> Please, do you know any documents and/or links about securing data
> microwave links? I am writing a project for MAN interconnection of several
> buildings with MW radios and concerned about possible security threats.

Depends on many things, such as Frequency, emission, aperture, and any link
scrambling.

Bottom line unless it's standards compliant radio your using there is little
chance of someone decoding it.  If you want to be totally secure encrypt the
traffic before it hits the radio.

--
Bryan Fields
Chief RF Engineer/Partner