Re: Routers RAM and BGP table bloat

  • From: Jon Lewis
  • Date: Fri Oct 21 09:01:18 2005

On Fri, 21 Oct 2005, Nils Ketelsen wrote:

I am just guessing here, but if the manufacturer says 256MB is the
maximum, I would expect that the unit is not able to address more than
256MB memory, regardless of the amount you plug in to it.
Occasionally, that's not the case. i.e. the NPE225 was originally spec'd as having a max RAM capacity of 128mb. I've got an old Sony notebook that Sony says is upgradable to 256mb...but several manufacturers make a more densely populated dimm for it that allowed me to upgrade it to 384mb.

Jon Lewis | I route
Senior Network Engineer | therefore you are
Atlantic Net | _________ http://www.lewis.org/~jlewis/pgp for PGP public key_________