Re: Level3 problems

  • From: Marshall Eubanks
  • Date: Fri Oct 21 08:43:05 2005

On Fri, 21 Oct 2005 00:18:43 -0700
 "Sean Crandall" <[email protected]> wrote:

> > On Fri, Oct 21, 2005 at 09:26:06AM +0300, Emilian Ursu wrote:
> > >
> > > I see its completely down and several others are starting
> > > to have problems.
> > > Anyone knows whats up ?
> >
> > They're giving out master ticket #'s of 1429209 1429184 and 1429189
> > depending on who you talk to apparently (though I don't think
> > they'll have
> > any trouble finding it under "total network outage" :P).
> > Rumor has it a
> > maintenance in Chicago backfired (it did start at exactly
> > 02:00 EDT on the
> > dot). Anyone else having flashbacks to IGP/CEF bugs? :)
>
> I was given the same info re: maintenance.  While on the phone with
> them, I started to see things come back to life, but still a big
> mess at the moment.

Here  in Northern Virginia / Tyco Road, everything went down at 2:00 AM EDT and seemed to
come back at about 4:00 AM. BGP looks normal, but my traffic is still down by a factor of ~ 2.
Multicast beacon connectivity  is also still lousy, so  I would tentatively conclude that there are
still problems out there somewhere.

On the other hand, streaming audio to my home in Cox Communications doesn't seem to have lost a
packet in 2 hours.

Regards
Marshall Eubanks