Re: /24 multihoming issue

  • From: Randy Bush
  • Date: Thu Oct 20 14:08:38 2005

>>> Is 7018 preferring 19094 over 701 regardless of
>>> AS-PATH length?
>> the convention is that, if 19094 is a customer of
>> 7018, then it will always prefer it.

and it was confirmed that this is the case for the
prefix in question

> And this is a good reason not to cross "tiers" of your
> transit providers.  Either have both "transit free" or
> both should have transit.

why?  when it get up to tier-1s it will be the same, the
one(s) who heard it from customers will prefer the
customers.

and tier-Ns should be preferring customer routes as well;
see discussion here between vaf, asp, and me in about '96.

randy